The Electrical Engineer works on new product development and design maintenance of Xoran’s existing products to design and develop improvements in performance, reliability, and cost reduction in a cross-functional team environment. This position reports to the Director of Engineering and is an exempt, full-time position located in our Ann Arbor, MI office
- Designs Electrical Systems by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying electrical engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria
- Assist in designing and testing electrical/electronic systems for the development of new products or modification of existing products
- Preparing layout drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Participate in the complete design lifecycle.
- Review user needs and develop system requirements specifications
- Collaborate with other functions to ensure full implementation and traceability of requirements
- Develop test methods, write test protocols and reports, and perform tests for product verification and validation testing, including statistical analysis
- Develops specifications and test methods to transfer the design to suppliers and/or Xoran’s manufacturing team
- Generate and manage design history file and design change documentation
- Participate in root cause analysis and design troubleshooting activities with software and hardware engineering, operations, and customer service functions to develop comprehensive solutions to design problems
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
Qualifications / Requirements
- Professional, hands-on experience of;
- PCB and digital circuit design
- Electrical CAD tools (Altium designer)
- Proficient with digital and analog circuit design
- Micro-controller tools (Ardiuno)
- Communications tools (CAN, FTDI, serial)
- Goal-driven, results-oriented and self-managed.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in medical or other highly regulated industries is a plus
Xoran Technologies LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, qualifying disability, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.