The Engineering Technician is a member of the Engineering team and works on multiple design and development projects to help solve complex technical issues in support of the engineering, customer service and operations teams. This position reports to the Director of Engineering and is an exempt, full-time position located in our Ann Arbor, MI office
- Build and test various electro-mechanical prototypes by following the written instructions, blueprints, engineering drawings and schematic and block diagrams.
- Test report writing
- Assist in testing and debugging of the system firmware.
- Participate as a team member in the medical device design process as standardized by the FDA and ISO.
- Assist in designing and testing complex electro-mechanical assemblies used in CT scanners
- Assist in developing calibration and adjustment procedures for CT products
- Familiarity/proficiency in using various testing and measuring equipment (calipers, dial indicators, DMM’s oscilloscopes, function generators, etc…)
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints, mechanical drawings, and 3D models
- PCB soldering skills
- Demonstrated experience with Arduino based microcontrollers and programming
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
Education & Experience
- Associate Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering or related disciplines
- 3 years of related experience in electronics and/or systems build and testing
- Ability to read/interpret schematic diagrams and PCB layout drawings. Experience with Altium (electrical CAD) is a plus
Xoran Technologies LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, qualifying disability, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.