The Mechanical Engineer is a key member of the Engineering team of Xoran Technologies, LLC; a fast-growing medical and veterinary device manufacturing company located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The Mechanical Engineer works in both new product development and design maintenance of Xoran’s existing products to design and develop improvements in performance, reliability, and cost reduction in a cross-functional team environment.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering and is an exempt, full-time on-site position located in our Ann Arbor, MI office. Xoran supports the health and safety of employees and customers. As such, COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for employment.
- Generate complete and accurate engineering drawings and specifications for the device.
- Create, release, and maintain design history file and related design change documentation.
- Manage design projects, collaborating with other internal and external groups.
- Develop test methods, write protocols and reports for product verification and validation testing including statistical analysis.
- Participate in root cause analysis and design troubleshooting activities with software and hardware engineering, operations, and customer service functions to develop comprehensive solutions to design problems.
- Support manufacturability and serviceability of the system.
- Occasional travel required.
- Demonstrated project management capability; ability to bring projects in on time and within budget.
- Self-motivated, self-starter; ability to work on multiple assignments and manage priorities.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative design work with both in-house and outsourced teams.
Education & Experience
- Professional, hands-on experience with common manufacturing techniques, (sheet metal fabrication, machining injection molding, carbon fiber) and electro-mechanical systems (motors, actuators).
- Demonstrated proficiency using SolidWorks modeling and drafting, FEA (mechanical, thermal), tolerance analysis and GD&T.
- Experience with statistical techniques.
- Experience in medical or other highly regulated industry is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in product development.
Xoran Technologies LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, qualifying disability, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.