The Research Associate is a member of the Research & Development team working on a variety of assignments related to new concept development, data evaluation, prototyping and product improvement. This position reports to the CTO/VP of New Product Development and is an exempt, full-time position located in our Ann Arbor, MI office.
Xoran does not offer remote work options for this role at this time. The position is an in-person role located in our Ann Arbor, MI office. Xoran supports the health and safety of employees and customers. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for employment.
- Conduct lab experiments, configuring test imaging equipment and sensors, taking measurements, and collecting data
- Process data using MATLAB to manipulate and reconstruct image data
- Analyze data and interpret results; compile information and results into meaningful formats to ensure content is appropriately represented.
- Maintain records, documentation, and data analysis information.
- Perform calculations; collate data; perform statistical analysis of lab results.
- Prepare analytical reports relative to research data.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Data collection and analysis
- Highly organized
- Self-starter, able to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or the sciences (especially electrical engineering, physics, applied mathematics, or biomedical engineering)
- Master’s degree or working toward an advanced degree, preferred.
- Two years of conducting research in an applicable professional or academic field preferred
- Demonstrated experience with MATLAB, C++, signal processing, advanced mathematics and statistical tools and techniques.
Xoran Technologies LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, qualifying disability, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.