The Senior Software Engineer is a member of the Software Development department and is responsible for the design and implementation of medical imaging software that controls Xoran’s CT scanners, collects and processes data, creates and displays 3D imagining and provides functional and easy to use user interfaces.
This position reports to the Manager of Software Engineering and is a full-time, exempt position located in our Ann Arbor, MI office.
- Develop research and development specifications for software projects.
- Implement software modules according to specification and conduct testing to ensure performance and reliability.
- Create test plan and provide information on the implemented functionality.
- Explore and propose new software technologies and solutions.
- Configure package of computer software components and prepare them for installation on target systems. Write installation scripts to ensure the programs will be properly installed/uninstalled from target systems.
- Test installation packages to verify correct operation.
- Document installation packages and testing sessions.
- Participate in review and test of work of other software engineers.
- Review status reports prepared by 3rd party developers; review code and advise on alternate implementation methods and fixes.
- Comply with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and maintain compliance with FDA and ISO requirements
- Professional software development experience using .NET and C#
- Skilled in object-oriented design and development
- Experience with application lifecycle, professional software maintenance and design practices
- Experience with SQL
- Experience developing web services or web applications
The following requirements are a plus:
- Experience in design and implementation of FDA-compliant medical device software systems.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience on DICOM and HL7 standards.
- Knowledge of InstallShield installation package creation software
- Programming experience in C++
- Experience with ASP.NET and web development.
- Experience with VB6 or VB.NET
- Experience with team foundation server
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in software engineering